Burnside Organic Farm is 15 hectares in size and has vineyards, an avocado orchard, caper plantation, bee hives and a market garden.
Lara and Jamie have 23 years of experience farming and living self-suficiently. The McCall family grow an abundance of food in an extensive vegetable garden and have a large netted orchard. The farm and winery are certified Biodynamic with Demeter. Animals are used throughout the farming systems. Including Dexter cows, pigs, chickens, geese and sheep. They also enjoy home cheese making and curing meat.
Wine and capers are available from the farm by appointment. Sorry no vegetables or fruit are for sale from the farm.
What to expect when you stay at Burnside Organic Farm
Guests staying have exclusive access to complimentary Farm Experiences
- Guests can enjoy the 1.7 km self-guided FARM WALK and 30 minute WOODITJUP NATIONAL PARK loop that adjoins our farm.
- Bring a bike and enjoy the 10km Wadandi bike and walk tracks that go all the way to Margaret River town.
- Explore the KITCHEN GARDEN garden to see what is in season for your dinner.
- See FARM ANIMALS integrated into all our organic farming systems. Including; cows, sheep, pigs, chickens, ducks and geese.
- See the 1/4 acre MARKET GARDEN, caper plants, fruit trees and much more.
- Enjoy the NATURAL environment on the farm. Including ancient Marri trees, native bush, revegetation, wet lands and abundant birdlife.
- Enjoy a private ORGANIC WINE and CAPER TASTING.