Burnside Organic Farm is 15 hectares in size and has vineyards, an avocado orchard, caper plantation, bee hives and a market garden.
Lara and Jamie have 23 years of experience farming and living self-suficiently. The farm and winery are certified Biodynamic with Demeter. Animals are used throughout the farming systems. Including Dexter cows, Saddleback pigs, chickens, geese and sheep.
The McCall family grow an abundance of food in an extensive home vegetable garden and have a large netted orchard.
The McCall family also enjoy curing meat and making cheese.
BOOK FARM TOURS
Guests staying in the bungalows have exclusive and complimentary access to a range of Farm Experiences including; animal feeding, the kitchen garden and private wine tasting experiences.
Want to learn more? Maybe you want some inspiration for your own vegetable garden or would like to keep chickens? We now offer two hour FARM TOURS. Everyone is welcome to book an exclusive FARM TOUR or make a wine tasting, appointment, even if you are not staying in our accommodation. Minimum of two people. Tours can be personalised to your interest.
What is included in the FARM TOUR;
- What it means to farm organically and biodynamically.
- What does organic certification involve?
- Learn about Permaculture and self-sufficiency
- How farm animals are integrated into the farming systems; cows, pigs, sheep, geese and chickens.
- Vegetable gardens
- Commercial 1/4 acre market garden
- Netted fruit orchard
- See capers growing
- Organic vineyard
- Organic avocado orchard
- Wine tasting
- Caper tasting
- Time to ask questions while we walk and much more